ShaylaCanKnit

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'M STILL ALIVE AND KNITTING


Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive and knitting (among other things). Got new glasses yesterday. That was fun. (ack) Picked the best of the worst, and I guess they are actually cute. They are RED metal frames. Kind of squarish. People who see me will not say, "oh, you got glasses." They will say, "WOW! what cute glasses!!" They have personality that's for sure!

See my new little friend? Isn't she cute? I picked her up on ebay. I haven't spun on her yet, maybe this weekend. I have tons of fleece, and bought some more bumps from Leighton Farms (again ebay) and can't wait to start!

An update on my friend who is in a coma. Things are about the same, slight improvement. He is on the therapy floor now, and they are working with him 3 hours a day. The best therapist of all? A spaniel who has worked with with hospital for 11 years. Yes, a dog! Wonderful isn't it? Animals have that special power, and I think if anything helps it will be his kids, and that dog. We pray and hope for the best.

5 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

what a cute little wheel, I hope you have a blast using it.

I hope your friend recovers, I'm sure his family and yourself must be terribly scared.

Take care.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Knitting Mama said...

Sherry - If you have not mailed out your stitch markers, please do so. There are three people (including myself) waiting for your packages in the mail. Please check your email, I've emailed you). Thank you!!! Have a nice day.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Shayla can you please e-mail me at basilbirdy@hotmail.com. I'd like to know if you are still wanting to participate int he YFC> I realized today I didn't have your e-mail.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Knitting Mama said...

Sherry - I have been trying to contact you for a while now. If you have not mailed out your stitch markers, please do so. It is NOT cool if you are going to flake on a swap, especially when one of your partners is the HOSTESS of the swap. I keep trying to email you, please respond. There are two people (including myself) waiting for your packages in the mail. Please check your email, I've emailed you numerous times). Thank you!!! Have a nice day.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Shayla said...

I have emailed you also, I have mailed all stitchmarker swaps I was involved in. If someone has not received them I wish they would contact me and I can send others out to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home