ShaylaCanKnit

Monday, February 05, 2007

CROCHETED SOCKS?


The weather outside is frightful, and the socks are so delightful.....don't know the rest of the words or I'd go on. The temperature here this morning was -18. The high so far is -6. That's a high????? Tonight's low is suppose to be -23. I can hardly wait!

The car was not the least bit interested in starting this morning, plugged in or not, so I got to have a holiday from work. That means free knitting day! Or in this case crocheting. I love knitting socks, and saw a book about crocheted socks. I was going to buy it and then I thought why not just wing it. How hard can it be to make a tube, leave a space, make another tube, fill in the heel space, and viola! a sock. This is what I came up with. They fit perfectly and I love the color. The yarn was from a hat and scarf set I picked up at a thrift store for $1.99. And it's wool to boot!! What more can you ask? There is lots of it left so I can KNIT a pair of socks from it too.

The second sock is calling my name, so I better get at it.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger flyingsoon said...

This is very nice blog. do you konw Mozilla Firefox web browser?I really loved it,I hope you may want to download and try. thank you.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Cool socks, I would have nevered even ventured to crochet a sock. Very neat.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger zoesmomdebbie said...

These socks are adorable and I love the color. The only thing I've ever crocheted were afghans, so I'm amazed at your creativity.

Wear them in good health.

Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home